Workforce management is an integral process that an organization uses to optimize the overall productivity of an employee. It involves effective forecasting of labor requirement & creating staff schedules to accomplish a particular task on a day-to-day & hour to hour basis. It refers to the total number of individuals who are employed in a Workforce management system specific company or are currently working on a specific task that is human resource. It is a proven methodology that is applicable for a wide range of businesses & companies. Here in this article we will continue to examine the importance, the overall process & advantages.
Importance of Workforce Management-
Workforce scheduling system enables a particular organization to gather some insights into such business metrics as the exact number of employees required for task completion.
It allows tracking the daily performance or weekly performance of an employee.
As for instance this innovative workforce management software solutions allows maximizing the usage of agent labor by forecasting the overall volume of transaction.
It monitors calls along with messages & mails & scheduling the correct number of agents with relevant skills at the right time to handle the said volume of transactions.
The Overall Process of Workforce Management System-
A comprehensive workforce management system generally encompasses plethora of activities within the broader framework of human resource management which are as follows:
Forecasting & Budgeting-
Forecasting is a process of knowing how many type of staff resources are in need for a particular project during the certain time of the year.
Workforce management solutions includes increased seasonal holiday demand. Budgeting is all about knowing how many staffs a particular organization can afford to have at hand.
The process allows the company to use calculated forecast to optimize staff deployment & balance the workload.
Scheduling is a significant aspect of workforce management as it allows companies to automate staffing based on business various variables like vacations.
It also works extensively for availability, workload & absences. In the yesteryears staff scheduling was done in a manual manner.
Without a robust workforce management system, the overall process of tracking & monitoring becomes time consuming, inefficient & it leaves companies understaffed in critical need.
Time & Attendance-
Tracking time & attendance using security workforce management tools & processes reveal attendance patterns & help companies predict change in demand & manage in demand.
By analyzing workforce management data companies can ask a few questions on the potential loopholes in coverage.
It improves payroll accuracy & adhere chronic absentees & traditional issues.
Employee Performance Management-
Workforce management allows businesses a better understanding of employee engagement levels so they can focus on what drives employee productivity.
It understands how individual staff members work help employers to reward employees who exceed expectations in a manner that aligns with what they value the most.
Compliance tracking is very complicated & potentially costly areas of workforce management.
Non-compliance with state, federal & local employment laws can result in fines & employee lawsuits.
Compliance issues also include tracking of required certification & training for specific roles, missed breaks, labor standards, leave requirements & union agreements.
Payroll & Advantages-
Workforce scheduling system decreases manual payroll & advantages administration with the availability of audit-ready custom reports creates payroll processes& queries quicker & easier.
Workforce management allows for instant payment options like end of shift payments & the syncing of timesheets to payroll.
Vacation & Leave Planning-
The tools & processes allow companies to track staffing levels & digitally handle all the time-offs requests & approval.
Through the usage of automation & data analysis, companies can use workforce management & tracking of leave balances, paid time off, scheduled conflicts & banked time.
Key Advantages of Workforce Management Advantages:
• Improved payroll efficiency as time-consuming & overall tasks are automated.
• Employers are allowed better insight into worker engagement along with attendance & the overall productivity.
• Reduction & optimization of labor cost
• Instant workforce scheduling system allows accessibility & simple reporting of workforce related data.
• It improve the overall productivity of HR & decrease administrative costs.
• Lower non-compliance risk under local, state & federal labor laws.
• Increased operational agility so that production schedules & market demand.
• It improves employee morale due to better transparency.
- Typically companies use workforce management software- a mobile or desktop program that allows the staff to schedule.
- It is either as part of an integrated HR management suite or as a standalone program.
- The process is often integrated with third-party HR applications & core HR systems.
- The workforce management software also offers self-service options that allow employee to request day off or go ahead to check paid time off balance without having to ask department.
- It is important to note that workforce management is not a new concept. The processes have been automated by organizations for decades to deliver improved & improvised outcomes.
- However, the concept has evolved in a significant manner over the years & it is currently used to monitor & improve labor effectiveness & efficiency.
- Recently due to the proliferation of cloud computing & rapid expansion of latest workforce analytics, there has been some significant growth in the adoption of workforce management.
- According to a recent study published by Market Research Future, the global workforce management market is estimated to reach $9 billion by the end of 2022.